Search This Blog

Friday 22 July 2011

Sculpting

As you know I've started up a project with airdrying clay - using Das which I was told was basically the same thing as LaDoll. Not sure whether that is true or not, yet, but we'll see how durable it is.
Today I finally split the torso open and removed the styrolite mould, and put it together again with new clay. It turns out the 'put it together'-bit was quite a deal trickier than I had anticipated. First of all the clay is pretty thick and dries fast, so I really didn't have much time to adjust the pieces after I clamped them together again, and the crotch is really not co-operating with me at all. I've had to patch it twice with new clay, I really hope it will dry correctly now and don't give me more trouble.

On the positive side, the clay is easy to file smooth, and it shows promise of being fairly easy to smooth out on top of the already dried clay once I start shaping it up. Right now it has no breasts and not much shape, but that will change once I get started. :) I'll update with pictures later. I'm keeping a log of the progress.

No comments: