Search This Blog

Saturday 30 July 2011

Autumn rain in July

Usually, July is a warm month, with unbearable heat and fans running day and night. This year however, it's been quite different... July has been filled with rain and thunder, the humidity so high it's been really unpleasant at times. And today, it is really chilly outside.
I don't believe I've ever experienced such odd summer weather. I haven't even been tempted to get down to the nearby lake and swim! That has never happened before... And today, I found chantarelles. In July! This is so weird. I wonder how our autumn will be if this is how our summer has been...

On a whole different note, I'm helping a friend out with something really exciting! <3 You see, he's in the military as the King's guard, and he was recently promoted. So I'm sewing on his new badge of rank onto the arm of his dress uniform! :D Isn't that exciting? My stitches will be there when he stands guard on the castle! <3

No comments: