Search This Blog

Thursday 21 July 2011

One of the potential downsides with being Lolita, is that people tend to forget how old I am. My parents still treat me like I was ten years old...so I suppose that's why I can't help but be happy still about being grown up and moved out! *laugh* And do silly things like eating cereal without any milk or yoghurt...
I suppose we all have our own, personal list of things we thought we'd do once we moved out of our parents home. :) Like blowing bubbles in the drinking chocolate, or going to bed after midnight, or eat potatoe crisps for dinner...
I admit, althought I'm turning 28 come February, I still do things like that. ;) Yesterday my lunch was delayed until five in the afternoon, and then it was pancakes with jam. *blushes* One might think I have a sweet tooth hearing about all the jams and cookies I make, but that's actually not true. ^.^
I'm more likely to eat salty, pickled herring or crabsticks than to eat cookies or candy. My beloved keeps telling me that she's happy she knows I can't be, or otherwise she'd worry I was pregnant for eating so weird things. XD Well, we all have our personal favourites when it comes to snacks, don't we? ;) An old friend of mine used to snack on caramelized onions...

On a completely different note, I've now tried the air-drying clay "Das" and so far I'm not impressed. It feels...rubbery somehow. Unpleasant to the touch and really hard to get smooth. I've made a torso, both legs and one arm so far, and put them to dry. Also, the clay was sliding around on the plastic wrap I had around the styrolite armature, which made it really difficult to shape. Hopefully it will be easier to shape it up once the core has dried properly.

2 comments:

Duni said...

I think everyone should be free to be themselves! I think parents will always treat you like a kid no matter how old you are ;-)
I prefer salty snacks, but I need to indulge in chocolate at a certain time in the month...haha!

have a wonderful weekend!
Duni

Lowaina said...

Right you are! :D And...I suppose so. XD Argh! I had the vague hope up that they'd stop eventually, but I guess they never will. ;)

Have a wonderful Sunday. <3