Search This Blog

Saturday 9 July 2011

Lolita and everyday life

I've been running this road for a very long time now, and in recent years I've pretty much completely lain 'ordinary' clothes aside. As much as I don't want to touch the subject, though, I don't know if I will be able to wear Lolita all the time - every day - like I do now.
I've always been a woman of my own head, and you who know me well know that. I always claim I don't care what people think, and I still don't. That's not the problem.

The problem spells like this; teenager boys.

While it's my personal opinion to loathe them (and opinion I don't expect anyone to share), they take far too much interest in my clothes. I become a target for their cruel games, and quite frankly - I'm fed up. They're worst in the summer, and recently the shouting and cat calls have turned into something far more frightening. They've come too close, and they're always in such big groups they get too brave. I'm worried they'll one day round me up and really scare me.

I'm aware I look young, but to have these teenagers do this is making me sick. I don't wear these clothes for attention, I never did, and now I receive this unwanted attention from these despiccable creatures... I'm considering not wearing Lolita when I can risk bumping into them. When in my 'ordinary clothes' style, I know I can be quite intimidating, and this is exactly what I need right now.

It's just a pity that art and me has to suffer because the parents can't be bothered to raise their kids into civilised human beings.

2 comments:

Duni said...

Dear Ida,
it's a shame that we can't express our creativity without others harrassing us.
I don't come into contact with many teenagers, but I do understand your plight. I would be careful too. Perhaps you might want to take along your group of friends when going out?

((hugs))
Duni

Lowaina said...

Thank you Duni. <3 I think it is so said I'd even *need* a group of friends to go out the door. :(

I swear, I will never understand what's going on in a straight mans head when they do things like that... :( I'm afraid the answer might be 'nothing at all'.

*hugs*