Search This Blog

Friday 15 July 2011

An interesting experience of taste

I'm sure a few of you, at least, are familiar with mochi - and daifuku. The little bun made of rice flour dough filled with different kinds of filling. I suppose the most common variation we see here are the ones with sweet, red bean paste inside.
As such, I naturally got very curious when I saw Taro Mochi the other day - mochi buns with Green Tea-flavoured filling.
I'm not entirely sure what I was expecting, but my taste buds were desperately trying to find something to compare with. To me, the blue-tinted mochi tastes like blueberries, and the Green Tea filling oddly enough tasted like...chocolate. I'm not sure I like mixing the two, but it was surely a very interesting taste experience. o.o

What do you know? Curiousity sure leads us down fascinating paths sometimes!


No comments: