Search This Blog

Friday 1 July 2011

Fight Science

I just watched an incredible tv show that I just have to tell you about! It was the last episode of a series of five about fighting. It went into the depths of the techniques used by Wushu martial artists, studying how the human would compare to the animal they are imitating - snake, crane, praying mantice, monkey and tiger.
I have to admit I was stunned at the results of the tests, and I am greatly impressed by these martial artists. You just have to see it.

 I found a few pieces on youtube. Here's the Monkey (seriously, watch it. This guy is amazing...)


And the Crane (his balance is really something.)


And the tiger (the baffled silence at the end says it all)


I couldn't find snake or praying mantice, but the girl who did snake style was faster than the snake and managed to hit the dummy 25 times (I think it was) in 5 seconds, and the guy with praying mantice style was catching flies.

I felt like clapping my hands watching. XD

No comments: