Search This Blog

Monday 25 July 2011

Possibly something for Anne Rice fans

As you know, I often play so-called 'Hidden Object'-games, with puzzles in them. The more interactive they are, the more I like them. :)
Yesterday I tried a game with a rather lame title, so I wasn't expecting much. But it surprised me! The game is called "Dracula - Love Kills" (see at the bottom of the post for a link), and is loosely set after the book 'Dracula'. It is highly inspired by Anne Rice's story 'Interview with a Vampire' and 'Queen of the Damned', heavily leaning on the old Vampire the Masquerade style.

The story is set two years after the novel, and a 'Queen of Vampires' is trying to reshape the world (much like the Tzimisce in Vampire the Masquerade - her ability resembles that of their fleshcrafting), and Dracula is back. he is weak after having slept (torpor) for two years. He intends to stop her and find Mina, so that he can pick up where he left off and make her his bride.

While the 'Twilight Saga' left me such a bad aftertaste for vampires, I tried to pretend it never got here. I liked Vampire the Masquerade, Dracula and Interview with a Vampire (although Louis whining drove me insane). Keeping this image of a vampire in mind, I must admit I really liked this game. :)
It's very interactive, with beautiful graphics, not too weird hidden-object scenes, good dialogue and actually - yes! - good voice actors.
Through the game you find ackomplices of the Queen who you can choose to drink blood from or not. What you choose have consequences. You gain abilities through the journey to help you, and you need blood to use them. As the story progress you travel back and forth around the world.

Gameplay is about 5-6 hours regular gameplay, but you unlock extra scenes after you finish the game. :)

I think that people who are familiar with Dracula, and liked Interview with a Vampire, would probably enjoy this game. :) It's definitely one of the better HoG I've played!



Dracula - Love Kills (Collector's Edition)

No comments: