Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Rainy days - the cute way

Remember the post I had way back about being cute while it's raining? :) Back then the subject was wellingtons, and today it's rain ponchos. Maybe you've come across them somewhere - in all the colours of the rainbow and more, and maybe you've seen why they are good - and if not you'll know soon. :)

Umbrellas are lovely, yes they are, and they come in beautiful designs - but they're not all that good at keeping you dry, and if it's windy - well... Whenever I'm walking with an umbrella if it's a bit windy, I'm always worried that my bag will get wet. I solved that by buying a rain poncho, you know the kind - with a hood. Of course, it's pink! Anyway, my point here is that while an umbrella - even a folded one - takes a lot of space and can't handle any rain, a rain poncho is a very good accessory to tuck away into your back. It can usually be folded flat, weigh very little and since it's soft there's never any risk of it breaking - unless it's cut. The hoods are also usually big, so they won't ruin the hairdo.

But keeping a plastic bag with a poncho inside it isn't very charming, so I made a little bag for mine. :) Nobody likes to get wet (usually), and I'm no exeption. So I keep my poncho in my bag if disaster strikes and I end up in the rain. :)

No comments: