Search This Blog

Monday 31 October 2011

Chance encounters

In this modern day society people (at least here) no longer talk to strangers. They sit silently side by side and prentend to be uncomfortable in each others presence. That's why I'm always as pleasantly surprised when I meet a chatty stranger - like today. :)
I'd waiting for the campus bus for nearly an hour - three full buses had passed and said another one would come. Eventually it was just me and 18 others left that still had not spot - so a mini bus arrived to pick us up. I ended up sitting beside a foreign woman, whom I ended up talking to the whole way. It's amazing how much two people that don't know each other can have to say to each other! :) I'm happy I met her, you always learn something from these chance encounters. :) Especially if the person lives a very different life from you.
Also, because of that I don't mind the long wait.

And while I waited for the second bus, something magical happened... As the light at the bus stop flickered to life, and the crescent moon became visible from behind a shadowy cloud on the sky - the bell tower and the town hall began playing, and not just any melody: they played the Harry Potter theme song. :)

No comments: