Search This Blog

Friday 5 August 2011

When a dog passes away

Today, at two o'clock, one of my friends will fall into eternal slumber. A huge S:t Bernad, and my friend since almost three years. It's always so hard when a pet passes away...even if it's not your own. She's old, nine years, but still... Every time you lose a pet, it hurts.
She's been ill for a few weeks... Cancer. And at the end she couldn't use one of her legs because of it... But she was always so happy and cuddly. A trickster who's greatest joy in the world was trying to make me fall down. *laugh* She'd lean against my legs with all of her 84 kilos and most of the time I couldn't keep standing. When she managed to push me over into a big snow heap she barked and pranced and was delighted.
Such a silly, sweet dog. I will miss her... 

2 comments:

Duni said...

How sad.
Losing a beloved pet is one of the hardest things in life.
May she rest in peace.

Lowaina said...

Yeah. :( She'll be missed, so much... But she's not in pain anymore, and there's lots of good memories. It didn't come as a surprise, even though it's still sad.