Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Tired wednesday

Was up just after five today like all days I start school early. :) All morning was spent trying to work out Lisp (a programming language) basics - almost anyway - and after lunch we proceeded to collect the harddrives that'll be our workstations during these three years. So now mine have a brand new Windows 7 and Ubuntu (which is a Linux operating system for you who don't know).
When I got home though, it was a bit like letting the air out of a hot air balloon. I'm so...tired... >.< A cup of tea and dinner helped a little, but I'm still tired. I hope my brain will adjust to this new highspeed learning soon.

On a related note - I reserved a mini-laptop for myself today. :) Sadly, it isn't pink. But they refused to fix a pink even though they come in that colour... *sigh* But there's no arguing with the low price, fairly high standard considering the price, it being light weight and thin - perfect for school - and free shipping...
So yeah. I decided it wasn't worth paying almost twice as much for a bigger, heavier model just because of the colour. It'll be black, but I'll be sure to put LOTS of stickers on it. ;)

And probably get rid of Windows and all the crappy extra stuff they put into this poor baby. Who wants to use a laptop purely for facebook and youtube? O.o Not me. So yeah. I guess it comes installed so I'll have to clear that mess out. 



6 comments:

Emelie said...

Sigh. I'm going to have to hire you as a private tutor to catch up with things when this week is over. I can pay you in cake...

Lowaina said...

Hehehe, just don't do a GLaDOS on me... XD

Sure I'll help. <3 I've done everything but SQL, PHP and Prolog so far.

On a different note...did you get a chance to collect your harddrive yet?

Emelie said...

He, he, I would never...

My plan is to try and get sort of back on track during the weekend, so we'll see how far I've gotten on Monday.

Nope. We'll have our own then?

Lowaina said...

Haha XD

Yeah, we'll do that. :) I only have SQL, PHP and Prolog left to do.

Yup, we will. :) And some lockers with old-fashioned safe-locks that are pretty much impossible to get open... XD

Emelie said...

Ohh...fancy. ;D

I nabbed the last spot on your project group, by the way, I hope that was ok. ;)

Lowaina said...

Haha, sure thing. :) It's hardly like we'd boot you out. ;) Btw, he wants us to take down notes privatly and hand out at the end, just so you know. The punishments for copying notes is apparently very severe so it's good to remember to take our own notes. :s