Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 August 2011

A warm day

The sun is already high in the sky this early morning, and not a single cloud is in sight. I have a feeling that this will be a very warm day... But that is good in a way, although I'm not too fond of heat, because maybe our tomatoe plants will take the chance of the sun to grow. :) They've been very late this year... But they smell wonderful. <3

Two weeks of freedom, then it will be hard work at University. While I know that it will be three exhausting years - with all the commuting I'll be doing - I'm looking forward to it. :) I've also decided I don't give a damn what anyone thinks about my style of fashion. I'll just whip their asses (excuse me...) if they give me problems. I seem to have forgotten that I'm quite far from a weak little flower - I was reminded of that the other day.
That said...the dress for school is coming along nicely. :) I just have to narrow the shoulders a bit, since my shoulders are too narrow for the Japanese patterns. My only concern at the moment is that I have to find time and energy to sew a couple of drawers since my favourite pair are worn out. It's hard to find a good length and combine it with a fabric that is soft to the skin, but thick enough so it won't bunch up.

Ah, the worries of a Lolita... I was going to bake some tea pastries yesterday, but realised we were out of eggs. So maybe I will do that today instead. :)

And the doll is coming along! :D Some joints need attacking, the arms left to cut - hands and feet need to be made - and make holes for the strings of course! And when all that is done...painting.


No comments: