Search This Blog

Sunday 14 August 2011

Cleaning days

While I fully admit I've always been a little bit of a clutter, I don't think I've ever been so bad. At least not on my own. But with two of us here - and my other half being a pretty hopeless dustbunny - the apartment have been a bit messy most of the time.
Well, that is until the other day... After watching 'How Clean is Your House', we both got horrified at how filthy it can become if you neglect cleaning, and how much bacteria that can live where you least expect it (like on your toothbrush or on the kitchen sponge) that changed quickly... In the past few days we've been vacuum cleaning, swabbing, rubbing, cleaning windows... And it's beginning to get absolutely spotless. :) Ha, I even removed the hose and handle to the shower and submerged in a bath of hot water, soap and vinager for a few hours. When I picked it up? As new and sparkling white. :D

I also decided we have waaaay too many cups and mugs... Both tea cups and coffee mugs were crowding in the cupboards, so I rearranged a bit.

I also learned something interesting. Did you know that not only can you bleach your hair with chamomile tea, but you can also remove hair dye with it? :) Strong but kind to the hair. I like that. My hair gets a golden tone in summer but turns darker and boring in the winter, so I was looking for a way to help it.


If you'd like to learn more about about Chamomile and it's uses as medicine, I found a good link here: Health Club - Chamomile



No comments: