Search This Blog

Saturday 13 August 2011

Flower's Kiss Candy

I don't really eat much sweets (although I do love to look at cute sweets...), but this post is actually going to be about my favourite sweet; Flower's Kiss Candy.
While western candy is sickly sweet with very synthetic taste, Flower's Kiss Candy is something entirely different - as are all the Japanese sweets I've tried that weren't Hello Kitty. (The Hello Kitty sweets taste nothing at all - and small wonder considering they're almost entirely made of sugar without any aromas.) 
Did you ever taste a flower as a kid? I used to go down to my mother's huge Lilac bushes, and I'd peel away the petals and eat the inside of the flower. It tasted so sweet...like summer. Not like honey sweet, but something different.
Flower's Kiss Candy taste just like that. It tastes like the kisses of flowers, and I love them. <3 Such a refreshing candy, without being too sweet - and that they have such a cute name helps of course! Whenever I go to Stockholm I always buy Flower's Kiss Candy at Sun Ai. <3 That and daifuku with sweet red bean paste.
Pocky is cute but...I don't eat it much. I like the strawberry chunk or blueberry Pocky best.



No comments: