Search This Blog

Thursday 11 August 2011

Sugar bisquits

Today I decided to test out this recipe of Sugar Bisquits, which I found at The Free Recipe Hub. Ever since I read the Little White Horse I've been wanting to try some, since she described such sweet, decorative bisquits in it. The recipe I found looks very similar to the shortbread cookies I tried making a while back - if you remember? The ones with raspberry jam inside, powdered with icing sugar?
I am planning to make cute little bisquits with icing and coloured white chocolate for school, since I know I'm going to need encouragement when the days are long. Being away from home for over 12 hours will take it's toll, so why not bring cookies, cupcakes or bisquits with me to cheer me up? <3
The only really sad thing about those long days is that I will neither have time nor energy to make cute bento-boxes for school, so they will be very simplistic. Shaped onigiri (I have several cute moulds - My Melody, Hello Kitty, a bear, a heart, a square, a star a triangle and then of course the classic, bigger triangular shape), shaped eggs (the egg moulds are so cute) since I have several egg moulds as well - bunnies, stars, hearts... - and double sandwhiches. I know.... I know... I collect too much cute things! ^.^; But I just can't help myself sometimes!
What I really need though is more ideas for filling. Since I don't really like bitter or sour things, I usually fill my onigiris with either omelet, cucumber and mayonnaise or crabfish, cucumber and mayonnaise. And sometimes when I can afford it, I like a little bit of smoked salmon. But with bento every day now for three years I'm going to have to get creative... And it needs to be something that won't go bad if it's not kept in the fridge.

Hm. I mean... Rice balls, boiled eggs and sandwhiches work well enough, and all kinds of salads, fruits and - of course - omelet. Maybe some smoked sausage? ^.^; Picnic food really... I wonder if I could make sandwhich rolls with tuna?

Argh! >.<; Help!

No comments: