Search This Blog

Saturday 24 September 2011

Velvet dream

Have you ever found something that you felt you wanted at first sight? Something that was so you, you just had to have it? And even worse...saw it in a picture somewhere with no way of buying it, or it was way too expensive for you? *chuckles*
I'm sure we all have things like that. Hardly surprising, pretty much all things I've found have been Lolita-related in some way. But I have one advantage, and that's that most things I see are things I can sew or make. A while back, I saw a picture of a white velvet skirt that was truly dreamy. <3 It was so pretty and luxurious, and I thought 'oh, that is so lovely <3'.
So I started looking for white velvet. You'd think that surely such a thing would be easy to find - I mean, wouldn't any store with wedding dress fabrics have it? No such luck. Etsy were the only place to have it, and only one seller could provide it. Isn't that strange?
So way back then I got a couple of yards of white velvet, meaning to make a skirt and a small matching cape out of it.

You know, it's so strange, when you have a fabric that is really lovely, and you know you can't easily buy more of it - it's hard to gather enough courage to cut it? I think I've mentioned it before. But it's such a pity when it's just lying there in the cloth chest - you know exactly what it's going to become and how to do it, but can't bring yourself to actually cut...

So I finally did that the other day, and the skirt is finally coming along. <3


No comments: