Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Books and blouses

Today the school books I ordered arrived! Weighing a wooping 5 kg. Phew! :) Thankfully I brought the shopping bag so I didn't have to carry them, or I'd have been very tired indeed! it was four books, and three of them where very thick and heavy. All of them programming books... :)

I've been meaning to get myself a few blouses, since - let's face it - I'm really bad at sewing them myself... *sigh* It's sad, but true. Since I'm a bit on a budget, I've been looking around for some nice, affordable blouses. It may not sound like such a difficult hunt, but add to that I'm quite picky... So. I finally found what I've been looking for at a quite unexpected place. :) Do any of you remember Anna House Fashion? I know I've just passed by a few times, noting that their homepage wasn't very well made, and moved on.
It turns out that they have very good reviews, well-made, customizable products and - yes, most important of all - a wide variety of very cute blouses. I'm very picky what fabrics are being used, how they're sewn and what lace is used - and how!
Anna House's blouses will also work very well with my wardrobe, since I usually use the kind of lace they do on my own projects. If I bought some other brand...let's say Baby, then I'd be forced to either sew items tht used similar lace to what I bought from them, or buy a coordinate which would be a very expensive affair.

I've never been a brand girl, although I can acknowledge that a lot of brand items are well made and prett - so can something entirely handmade be, and the fit is usually a lot better on us western girls. ;) Customised clothes beats brand any day. <3

No comments: