Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Snowfall and crochet

Saturday greeted us with a lovely snowfall, which kept on all through the night and Sunday. So right now there is a beautiful, winter wonderland outside my window. <3 It's so beautiful. :) I wondered if there would be snow on Christmas, and it looks like there will!
It comes at the right moment, too, since I don't need to go to school again until January, so I don't have to worry about delayed trains, which is a great relief. Also, I've managed to complete the small projects I've been working on now and then when I've had a few minutes. Among them were the legwarmers that I showed you a few posts ago. :) Only I made them in really thick, comfy yarn. <3 So they're really warm. <3

The other day I also found a great crochet book - a Japanese book, which in contrary to Western pattern books didn't have the usual diagrams but actual pictures of the patterns, which I find so much more useful! <3 I've never been able to decipher Western knit- or crochetpatterns, but this was so easy! I've been working on an adorable cape with a lovely pattern, and it actually looks as adorable as on the pictures, just because they were so easy to use!
It's been the same for me with sewing patterns, so I think I will now completely give up on Western patterns and only go for the Japanese ones, since they are so much better - and so much cuter! <3

(The picture is child-sized, I'm making mine adult-sized of course. :) And in white and pink. <3)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cuuute!!! Would it be possible for me to acquire the pattern somehow? Can't wait to see your finished product!

Lowaina said...

Ah, yes, I think I can put the pattern up here. :) I can post a picture of the finished cape as well while I'm at it! ;)

Lowaina said...

Oh, I almost forgot. The name of the book is 'Asashi Baby' and has knitting and crochet patterns. :) They were easy enough to make adult sized - just use a bigger crochet-hook and thicker yarn. :)