Search This Blog

Monday 5 December 2011

First snow

...do you ever get the feeling that you're not really you, but a spectator of your own existence? That you are merely watching your life pass behind glass, but not truly living. I used to feel that way all the time. It was the kind of movie which never seemed to really start, and you wondered if you'd reach the end and nothing meaningful ever happened.

That changed almost four years ago. But...sometimes there's bad days when that feeling returns. Today was one of those days. Waking up wondering what the point of it all ever was. But... I have my beloved. That's all only reason I need. Still, it's been one of those days. That pass as if behind glass.
Going home, I ended up sitting alone in the dark, waiting for a bus on a lonely bus stop. I don't really recall what I was thinking, I must have zoned out like I tend to on these days, when I felt something cold and wet on my face. Looking up, tiny, icy snowflakes fell around me. It must have snowed for a while and I hadn't noticed a thing.
Isn't that peculiar? The winter's first snow, like some kind of promise that things will be ok tomorrow. :) They probably will. Thankfully these days fall away and life goes on as usual. I wonder why it happens though. Maybe it's a reminder for me to not take anything for granted. That I could as well not be here, had not fate been kind to me.

Maybe it will snow more tomorrow?

I'll leave you with a lovely picture of winter lights in the trees, like thousands of tiny fireflies. <3

(found here)

No comments: