Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 December 2011

A little bit of shopping

This may sound really odd, considering how much rice I eat, but...today I bought my first rice cooker. :) Yes, it's true! I eat rice nearly every day but I didn't own one! *laugh* It will make life so much easier for me. <3 I'm going to try it this evening. I'm making calamari today. If you haven't tasted it yet - do! :) Just make sure that the second it "curls" (if you've cut it into stripes - that's what I do), remove it from the stove instantly, or it will get really chewy.

Also, I did a bit of shopping today besides the rice cooker. I got gluttinous rice flour to make some mochi (among other things). Maybe I should split the dough and make them in several colours...that would be really cute, don't you think? :) I think I might even try putting icecream in some - I read somewhere that that'd be really yummy but I haven't tasted it myself.

No comments: