Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Blueberry jelly

This Christmas, much like every year, I always end up eating way too much candy... *laugh* Telling yourself 'not this time' apparently doesn't work. And the funniest thing? I don't even like candy that much!
So, I decided that I'd have a go at a bit healthier snacks. The first thing that popped into my mind was blueberries. "How do I make them into a snack?" I thought. A blueberry pie was the first idea, of course, but anyone that's made blueberry pie knows there are loads of sugar in it - and your prone to have ice cream or custard to it as well.

So I kept thinking, and then I saw a picture of pomegrenade jelly. Well, that got me thinking, why not try that with blueberries? So! That's what I did. :) The first test turned out great! They don't look so pretty (mainly because I thought they'd be sticky and powdered them with corn starch needlessly...) but they taste yummy. :D And they were so easy to make, too! Next time I won't bother with the dusting though, they aren't sticky at all! :)

No comments: