Search This Blog

Friday 23 December 2011

Mist and mashmallows

My original plan today, was to take my camera, go out in the forest and take a few snaps of the beautiful snowcovered trees...however, it's been a very mild night, so most of the snow on the trees are gone. The mist is also thick outside. :( I'm going to go out anyway, but there's a big chance there won't be any snow to photograph. Oh well.

Yesterday evening I made more candy, mashmallows this time. :) Pink ones. <3 It's my second go at mashmallows actually - the first try being some five years back, which ended in disaster... - but this time I followed a much better recipe, and they turned out great! :) The only drawback (if any) is that I had too much icing sugar in the form I poured the batter in, so they have pink icing on them. XD Oops!





They were a bit tricky to cut with a knife, so I used a pair of scissors. The result is that they're not entirely even, but then again I made them pretty thick. *giggles* I imagine they'd be easier to cut if I'd split the batter over two forms instead. But...I think it gives them that home made charm, don't you? :)

No comments: