Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Folded Christmas stars

Many years ago my mother taught me how to fold small, oregami stars to hang in the Christmas tree as ornaments. I remember her painstakingly folding hundreds of stars to a Christmas fair the school arranged, just to raise money for the school.
I remember thinking it was so sweet of her to do so, and the patience she had with me - a seven-year-old - as she tried to teach me to make them. I don't know how, but she actually managed. But years have gone by and I haven't folded a single star - until now.
I was wrecking my brain trying to come up with some Christmas ornaments to sell on the Christmas fair, and it struck me. They are truly pretty and can come in so many variations! <3


And while I was at it... I made candy canes...

No comments: