Search This Blog

Monday 18 February 2013

Work


Even though I was highly disappointed by the news article yesterday, a lot of people contacted me after seeing it, some trying to cheer me up and others for more photo shoots. All in all, I'm not upset anymore, I'm just trying to push that thing out of my mind and focus on people who appreciate art a bit more.

I have work today. I was called in the other week by a library that needed a manga artist quick, so that's where I'm going. I like these manga lectures, because they allow me to travel a bit and meet a lot of new, interesting people. It's also a great way for me to advertise myself as an artist, since more and more people hear about me. I've held so many lectures and courses by now I really can call myself a pro at it, although there's sometimes mishaps anyway. It can't really be avoided, especially if children are involved. Some children are simply more difficult to handle than others, and I'm not all that good with naughty kids. I tend to be a bit harsh, perhaps, but I feel it's necessary.

I thought I'd step by a large fabric store as well while I'm there. I don't really have time to sew much, and I don't really need any fabric - except perhaps a complement to the sakura fabric I bought for my sister's wedding - but it's always nice to wander around and see what they've got. I don't go there often since it's quite a bit of travelling and I rarely have time, so it's a good opportunity.

I always wear some level of lolita when I hold lectures, but the weather today is really boring so I don't know. I was considering wearing Shiro, but I'm a little bit worried it'll get dirty. With all the dirty, slushed snow it might not be a very good idea. Everything's visible on white! We'll see what I decide, it's still a couple of hours before I leave.

No comments: