Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 February 2013

A little creativity...


...goes a long way. ^.~

I may not have been complaining much here, since that's not what this blog is about, but I get a bit frustrated at winter since I can't always wear Lolita. Especially not since I'm still at University, and the days are so very long. One of the downsides with the fashion is that it trades pretty for comfort (unless you are wearing Casual), and while that's okay if you are wearing it just over the day or a few hours, being in a full get up from six in the morning to eight in the evening just doesn't work.

So during long days and days when the weather is terrible, I wear pants and regular clothes (which in my case means dress pants and classy combinations), something I'm not comfortable in and don't like. It just isn't me. So in order to make those clothes a bit more fun, I've been a) looking around for some more punk'ish clothes and b) perk up clothes I do have. I did a bit of a test today, taking one of my white turtle neck jumpers (one that is a bit too big - well, not a bit...it's medium and I wear extra-small in those...) and made it a bit more fun with pink lace ruff and some felt hearts and satin bows. <3 I have to say, it turned out pretty cute, and I'll be able to wear it for casual outfits. I'll probably adjust the jumper and start on the others once I think up a nice design. I usually wear the white turtle necks as a substitute for blouses in school, as they are easier to wash often. It's practical. They'll be a bit more fun with some lace on them though. ^.~

Do you try to perk up 'regular' clothes sometimes? Or think about it? Here's a trick for you: if you are sewing in a stretch fabric, like most tops are these days, put a piece of paper beneath the fabric. That way, it doesn't stretch out and get pulled out of shape as you sew. Happy creativity! <3

No comments: