Search This Blog

Sunday 17 February 2013

Upset

 
Well, now the newspaper is out, and I'm upset about it. Silly as it may be, I'm disappointed in how they treated it, because I don't like the picture they chose, and I also don't like how they squeezed it in on the room that remained after they smacked on a huge ad beside it. So yes, very disappointed, especially with how big a deal they made of it. Even told the photographer to take 'wrapper pictures' and everything, and then used another girl for the wrapper. Also, they neglected to correct the text in the article, even though they went through the pains of sending it to me for correction. I have no idea what they were going at, really, and I'm this close to ranting about it.

Oh well. At least they tried. And I approve of them also high lighting the fact that there are some boys that dress as lolita as well. The fuzzy line between lolita and decora was not, however. It's up for anyone's grab whether they are the same thing or not, but I don't think so. Decora is much more, well, heavily decorated than lolita.

I think the pictures taken by KaYa was much better, then again, the photographer for the newspaper had much less time to work with. I'll be very upset if it turns out there were better pictures than the one they chose... I look silly on that one, mid-grimace or something... *sigh* I feel almost insulted, but I know better than that. Anyway. I didn't accept for attention, after all, but I do feel a bit like the poor cat on the picture right now. I find it very hard to believe that after two hours worth of photographing, the chosen picture was the best they could pick. So, no. Not happy.

On the bright side, I made cake yesterday, and next week is my birthday. The plan right now is to have a Harry Potter-themed party, and I'm much looking forward to it! <3


No comments: