Search This Blog

Sunday 3 February 2013

A pink story



It's been sort of a running gag lately among my class mates at University, but I really do love pink. I just gravitate toward pink things, the latest addition to the collection: a pink kettle. It doesn't really matter what it is - if I plan on buying one, and it comes in pink, then why not? *giggles* I do have a feeling a certain somebody will draw a line at a pink car, though... But quite honestly, I'd probably buy a white one and decorate it with pink stickers. There's no such thing as 'too much pink' in my book, but pink certainly comes out better in combination with white.

To be honest, I hadn't really reflected over how much pink things I have, and that my Emacs (sort of a programming tool) had pink background was to begin with just funny things, as I'm now the only girl in my class (I'm studying to become a programmer). But when I was setting up for a lecture a little while back, I took off my pink earmuffs and pink mittens, hoisted up my pink backpack, pushed my pink bento box (with pink chopsticks in a bag with a pink snap bow on it...) aside, took out my pink pencil case, and from it I retrieved my pink pencil with the pink ruler and pink markers... It's a small wonder my notebook and cellphone isn't pink as well!

The funny thing is that for some reason most of the pink shades settle in two nuances - the one on the kettle, and a lighter, pastel colour which work well together. Now, don't look so shocked. I may love pink, but I don't overdo it to the point where it gets tasteless. ^.~ But I suppose that depends on your own personal view of pink.

But I just love pink! <3

No comments: