Search This Blog

Sunday 17 February 2013

Snowfall and shortbread

(Another cute picture by KaYa <3)

While I do prefer spring and early summer if I could chose the weather, one have to admit that snow can be very pretty when it's just fallen. It's been snowing here most of the day, and the white blanket that's covering the ground reminds me a lot of icing sugar. <3

Weather like this is perfect for indoor activities, such as games, studying - or baking. Admittedly I do not eat all that much cookies, candy and other sweets since that would quickly spell disaster for the figure (and the cut of the dresses... I may have a very large collection, but they're all close cut and just one size...), but I love baking sweets anyway... The other week I made candied pineapple, which was delicisously albeit a bit sticky, and I frequently make macarons. Today, the choice fell on shortcakes. There is something about shortcakes that makes them melt in your mouth, and I really like that. I dislike heavy cakes, so I very seldom eat chocolate cakes, but the light quality of macarons and shortbreads suit me fine.

I thought I'd share one of my favourite shortbread recipes with you (and along with it my favourite resource for cookie recipes). It's a sweet variation with white chocolate and raspberry jam: Shortbreads with White Chocolate and Raspberry Jam Why don't you try it? They are very easy to get right and taste delicious! <3 I added an extra thing to them to keep them sealed together and not dribble jam all over the place: use some icing to keep them together. Just line the bottom part, and place the jam on the inside. It will be sweet, but what else are cookies for?

No comments: