Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 October 2010

Saffron buns and a really silly problem

I have a problem. And it's so silly, such an i-land problem that I'm almost ashamed of myself - but just almost. Remember the gorgeous fabrics I ordered from Japan? I've been mulling over what design would be most suitable for a dress in each of the fabrics.
The black one with circus motif I think would look very nice as a JSK, so it's not really a problem. The other one on the other hand... The white fabric is really giving me a fright. It's so pretty, so gorgeous, I want to make the finest dress out of it...but the mere thought of putting scissors to it and actually cutting it gives me willies.

See? It's really silly...and yet... I'm absolutely terrified I'll cut it wrong somewhere! >.< Or that it won't be as pretty in my head as when I actually make it. Of course...in theory I could always buy more fabric... Bah! I don't know what to do about it. ^.^;; I think I'll lay it beside my sewing machine and stare at it some more until I'm 100% sure of what I want to make of it. *sigh*

As it's been a particularly tough week - as I told you - we've been splurging on candy and cookies. And this evening I'm baking saffron buns - in October! I know, it's way too early but...but...! I love saffron buns...

No comments: