Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Moving house and winter drawers

This has been a busy day indeed! The fabric I had ordered arrived yesterday afternoon, but as I was too tired and busy to fetch it at the local post office, we did so this morning - on our way to the library. The library where we live is such a cute little thing... It doesn't have all that much books, and it doesn't cover more area than maybe slightly larger than your average flat, but - it's so sweet. The atmosphere is great, the librarians nice and chatty, and the little books they do have are interesting.
As we got back from the library (parsel with fabric clutched tightly) the rain picked up, so we had to use our umbrellas. It was rather pleasant, tripping along in the drizzle, watching the lovely coloured trees.

A quick lunch later my father called, and he picked us up to help my parents move house. I expect we will help them every day now until they leave on sunday - it will be busy times indeed. I'm uncertain just how I will juggle work and this (especially since my father wanted a pair of pants adjusted - and like all who don't sew themselves, he believes it will only take a few minutes...), but we will have to manage. Plan A) right now is to buy lots of candy and cookies to keep us happy when we get home, but I'm not sure I like that kind of plan...

As for the webshop, I'm currently creating more lovely winter items. At the moment, I am focusing on crisp white and off-white in a lovely combination. Yesterday I put up a sweet, hand-knitted bonnet in the webshop, and tonight I'm sewing warm winter drawers in a light, breathing fleece fabric (finer than the thick fleece more commonly used). They will be adorable. <3

No comments: