Search This Blog

Saturday 16 October 2010

Pearls and satin

As I restocked, I realised that the bright pink facetted pearls were running low, along with a few other items, such as satin bands. I saw it fit to restock these as well, and I also took the opportunity to see whether the colour of the bright purple gems was right. I have been considering making crowns in different variations, both traditional and the tiara variations I currently make for the webshop.
I never expected the tiaras to be quite as popular as they have been, but as it is now I have perfected the recipe for them. Using only two pieces of silverplated metal thread, the entire crown is more or less made in one piece now and lack the prior metal shining through here and there.

Also, I was forced to take a trip down town (despite the cold being far from over) to buy satin bands. Black was entirely out, and the pink organza bands I use for the pink cat ear diadems had run out.

No comments: