Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 June 2011

A warm day

As I woke up this morning, there was no doubt that it will be a warm day today. The sky was the beautiful, pale blue that promises heat, and not a single cloud in the sky.
Stubborn as I am though, I'd decided to pick more wild strawberries. *laugh* I managed to gather a litre before the heat forced me to go home, dizzy as if I'd travelled in an all too fast merry-go-round... Right now I'm drinking lemonade and making jelly. <3
Summer is wonderful like that, don't you think? So much berries and fruit to make jams, jellies, cakes and syrup from. It's a shame we don't have a garden, but have to make do with wild berries. *sigh* We are experimenting with a gooseberry-bush on our balcony though. :) I'm a little bit worried about the winter, but I hope we can protect it so it won't die when the temperature drops but goes on to give more berries next summer.

No comments: