Search This Blog

Friday 2 March 2012

Wish me luck on the mock exam!

Today we have a semi mock exam (semi because if you do well enough you can pass or get bonus points for the real one depending on the teacher)! It's in the programming language Ruby, and it's going to be...well. Difficult isn't exactly the right word, but tricky maybe? Ruby is a pretty playful language - I like that about it - but we're currently working on things that I don't fully understand yet. I'm not going to bore you with details. ;)

I hope that I will get time to sew or play around a bit after the exams, but there is a big possibility that I will be too swamped in work to do that! I have some labs to finish up that can't wait, and then I have to start looking at the math material as I expect that course to be difficult as well. Good heavens, it's all difficult!
But I have to do this, I have to make it and I will struggle tooth and nail to do... Worst case scenario is that I don't get enough points first year and have to struggle financially, but if you consider the profit of the work I'd say it's worth it.

Today I'm also going to be a stand-in for a third year student on a meeting. He's the chairman for the programming students, and apparently he believes I could make it as his successor. I must admit I'm flattered, but I'm also worried. Considering that I've had to struggle this first year to catch up with my classmates (granted, not all of them had programmed before either) I feel uncertain that I will have time to be a chairwoman. I'll just have to wait and see. If I don't have time, then I don't have time, but it's an opportunity for me to be able to actually influence the education while I'm studying. I like to have a bit of control, since just being tossed out at the mercy of the teachers make me uncomfortable. Also, I know not everyone is able to stand up and say 'this isn't right!' to authorities, and those people need their voices too.

Oh I don't know. It's better to focus on here and now, and pass the exams. I can think about that later.

No comments: