Search This Blog

Friday 9 March 2012

First exam cleared!

Got my results from the exam I had at Christmas, and it was a passing grade! <3 I'm so happy over it, that I decided to treat myself to some new underwear! <3 (That is: I bought the fabric for them...) The plan is to make a chemise that's a little bit longer than I usually do them, with new drawers. Also, I promised myself that next exam I clear, I'll buy one of these:

(From Anna House)

They're well worth their low price considering what wonderful reviews they've had. :) And I think this one would suit the rest of my wardrobe perfectly. The plan is to buy one with short sleeves, too, but I'll start here.

Onto something different entirely. A while back when browsing the net for nice Japanese recipes, I stumbled on something fascinating: Shirataki noodles. Apparently, it's noodles that are - I suppose - meant for dieting, because they are made of something called 'Devil's Jam'. The result is noodles with pretty much no calories at all. Of course, me being a curious gormet, I had to try them when I stumbled upon them in a store.
I bought the "wet" variation (pretty suitable, considering 'Shirataki' means 'White waterfall'), and since I'd seen on the net that you need to run them through water first and clean the liquid they came in off, I did so before cooking.
I have to say, I liked them a lot more than regular noodles! They are light, slightly chewy and picks up the taste of what you cooked them in, so they are really tasty! :) As for if you lose weight from eating them... I wouldn't know. I think that if you want to do that, you can't add too much "extra" to your meal (like cream and fried food - which isn't very tasty to begin with) and also avoid eating between meals.

I don't really need to lose weight - maybe just a couple of pounds - but I'll keep you updated. :) I've so far noticed no drawbacks. I half expected my tummy to go 'nuuuh, dun feed me this!' but it didn't. ^.^

No comments: