Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Wakeshima Kanon

I suppose I'm a bit late discovering the existence of Lolitwork Libretto, but then again I seldom listen to this style of music anymore. I listened to it the most just before Malice Mizer disbanded and Gackt went solo (and the following few years), and then fluttered off toward more classical music. (Of course, that didn't stop me from going to the Moi dix Mois concert when they came here!)

Either way, I heard Still Doll with Wakeshima Kanon, and I went - hold on, this is a Malice Mizer song! Why is there a girl singing it? Turns out Mana is behind the scene (for you unfamiliar with Mana, he is a musician most famous for coining the expression 'Elegent Gothic Lolita' - and also for wearing his own dresses on stage: Mana on Wikipedia) which explained a lot. The songs are typical Malice Mizer-songs, some - I assume - new productions and some pieces of old works blended in with some covers.
For some reason though, the music videos seem a bit...bland...for being Mana. Like he wasn't fully involved in the production, which could very well be true. He ought to be busy considering he has not only Midi:Nette (a music label) and his Lolita fashion brand Moi-même-moité, besides his own music career.

Well. I don't have much to say about it so far, besides that the sound is like Malice Mizer was, and that the music videos are lacking in quality. Let's see if it's of interest. :)
I'll end this with one of the most recent pictures of Mana I could find. He's hardly changed at all... (Yes, that is a man.)

No comments: