Search This Blog

Thursday 19 January 2012

Cupcake day!

We all know them, the adorable pastry that all Lolita's adore: the cupcake. Even more so with frosting and decoration, such as sugar paste and sprinkles. <3 I did a batch of these lovely Vanilla Cupcakes from Joy of Baking. (Which is, I may add, one of the perfect places to find adorable recipes for tea parties and picnics!)
Of all the recipes I've tried on cupcakes and muffins, this was the one with the best, tastiest result. The cupcakes are light, fluffy and not too sweet but not too bland. I think you could easily combine these with any other flavours. 

I used to think there was no distinct difference between cupcakes and muffins, but apparently that's not true. Cupcakes are pastries while muffins count as bread (even if they often have fruit or berries). Cupcakes in turn are also more often decorated with frosting and filled with goodies - doesn't the thought of vanilla custard filled cupcakes just make you go yum? <3

I actually did buy some sugar paste a while back (pink, what else?) so I thought...why not decorate these sweeties with pink butterflies and heart shaped sprinkles? The only problem with doing that, though, is transportation... I can't possibly bring such cupcakes to school, so during this morning's lecture (computer networks and distribution systems) I had to make do without frosting.
It was maybe not the healthiest breakfast, but it was good anyway!

No comments: