Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Cold weather and spring

It seems like winter arrived late, though I had hoped after it's no-show over Christmas that it wouldn't show at all, it arrived a few days ago. With it, a little bit of snow - and icy winds. Granted, the temperature isn't so bad, it's barely freezing, but the wind is absolutely dreadful.

I must admit that I don't have any good ideas when it comes to countering wind, short of wearing a wind breaker or a raincoat - the former lacks quite a lot of charm, and the latter is too cold. Wearing layers and layers of clothes usually won't do, since the wind passes right through it anyway... Anyone got any good ideas?! I hate (such a strong word...) freezing and I hate sweating... If I could decide we'd have temperatures ranging between 10-25 degrees celsius. That'd be just perfect... <3

Spring looks quite distant at the moment, but it's not far away at all. We cleared our apartment of Christmas decorations the other day, and took out all our spring decorations. So now our apartment is lively with pastel rainbow colours, porcelain bunnies and lots of decorative cakes and pastries. You know them? They're usually porcelain or felt and look both adorable and tasty. <3
So that's pretty much the theme right now, and it's so cute! <3 I also filled one of the pretty glass bowls with candy (dangerous, I know! XD) and it fits perfectly with the brightcoloured flowers and glass cupcakes on the tv table. :)

I must admit I'm really tired today...I've been up since five because I had an early lecture. x.x

No comments: