Search This Blog

Sunday 3 April 2011

Gothic Lolita

Did you know, when I started with Lolita I was a Gothic Lolita? It's true. :) My first dress was entirely black with a black velvet choker. It was my first real project of sewing a dress so it wasn't very well made but... Ah, nostalgy!
Since then I've mostly gone Classic or Sweet, with heavy Victorian influences. But I still like Gothic... So well, after gaining some great inspiration I started sewing a Gothic skirt. :) It's difficult to use black&white and avoid getting a maid look. I was thinking a lot back and forth until I decided.

This is the backside of the skirt:


The front is decorated with small satin bows. I'm not very fond of satin, to be quite honest, but for small details it is good. :) I love the pattern I created for this skirt, it got just the right volume and looks gorgeous on. <3

No comments: