Search This Blog

Thursday 17 February 2011

Have you read Alice in Wonderland?

Alice in Wonderland seems to have been a great inspiration for lolitas worldwide for a very long time. The symbols from playing cards come again over and over again, and creepy little adorable details show up connected to it.Tea parties with Alice-theme is not at all uncommon!

I wonder, however, how many have actually read the book?

An odd question you might think, but it's not very strange at all! Most people have just watched some of the movie adaptions, or perhaps read the short-short-short version of it from a children's book. The book is something different entirely...
When I was around 11-12 I think, there was a game on the computers in our school which was based on the book. It followed the book very closely, and as I later watched movies I realised that quite a lot was missing. Like the lady with the pepper for example.
Alice in Wonderland is a strange book indeed, and a bit difficult to read at times since it is so strange, but I think that it is worth tracking down if you haven't.The local library is sure to have one or more copies, but as a fellow lolita you probably reach the same conclusion as me - a copy has to have its' place in the book case! <3

No comments: