Search This Blog

Sunday 26 December 2010

The love of Angels

Many years ago, when I first started watching anime for real, I came across a series from '88 called "Earthian". I was spellbound by the pictures I found... A story about Angels descending on Earth to judge it. Back then, I couldn't watch it though.
It was nowhere to be found, and neither was the manga. All I could do was watch pictures and try to imagine what the story was like. I didn't understand what the genre 'shounen ai' meant back then.
But... There were wings and Angels. So it had a special place in my heart, giving me a lot of inspiration for painting, writing and simple sketching.

Now, many years later, I re-discovered Earthian, and both watched the show and read the manga. Now I know that I wasn't wrong in loving it back then. It is an extraordinary story. And it's tribute to eternal love, something so strong it will last through anything... It is the most beautiful thing.
Being who I am. What I am. It brings happy tears to my eyes... I salute you, Yun Kouga. Love is every bit as powerful as you make it in the manga... I know. I live it.

True love doesn't need promises. It will never betray and always trust. No matter what happens.
It is truly beautiful.

No comments: