Search This Blog

Saturday 4 December 2010

Christmas fair and unusual angels

Today I had such a lovely time! Despite it being cold outside, it was such a beautifull day. I woke up to see a gorgeous sunrise, which followed me on the way into town. The big windows in buses do have some advantages...
I had a nice chat with an eldery gentleman, who was on his way to his brother to give him an early Christmas gift - a stand for his CDs. I think it was very sweet of him to get up that early. :) The gift had been carefully wrapped in a blue gift wrapping. He was also speaking fondly of the homeless cats in the harbor...how he was going to buy them roast beef. Isn't that sweet? <3 Modern people usually take no time to take care of each other and those in need - not even if it's a stray cat. I thought of him when I waited for the bus home, and saw three ragged old men huddling inside the waiting room for warmth.
I was waiting for a good opportunity to confront them and give them a bag with Christmas buns, but...they left before I could. Maybe tomorrow.

The Christmas Fair was a very happy event! People coming and going, smiling as they went, everyone wishing each other a Merry Christmas. It was truly festive. And I'm delighted to say that the Gingerbread Angels I made mostly for fun was a big hit! XD
I had put pink and white icing on them and attached two huge boobs in form of soft raspberry gums... XD Apparently it was not only I that found them entertaining! <3

No comments: