Search This Blog

Thursday 21 March 2013

Bunnies and pigs


I usually never sew "normal" clothes - as I'm sure all of you know by now I almost never wear regular clothes - I mostly sew dresses or stuffed toys and when I do, it's mostly cotton or faux fur. A while back, though, I picked up this really adorable diamond fleece with pigs and bunnies on it...and then I was struck by the fact that I had ZERO ideas what to do with it.

I mean...it's really cute, but...! So it's been lying in my fabrics chest for ages, and I've been glaring at it because it's been annoyingly cute and annoyingly difficult to come up with anything to do with. So the other day I took a snap of it and let one of my social networks decide: what should I do with it?

They seemed pretty much agree between two choice: a cosy jumper or pyjamas.

It were very good ideas, actually! I'm a restless sleeper and I freeze easily, and can't sleep without a stuffed toy, so having a pyjamas in this super soft material sounds great! Then again...pyjamas is a bit too...well...regular for me. So I decided to take a Korean cut for the top, and then make bloomers for pants in another material. So the picture up there is the start of it, it will have long bell sleeves as well. So: a cosy jumper and pyjamas, in one! <3 (Though I do admit I'll probably wear it out of bed too...it's just too cute! <3)

No comments: