Search This Blog

Saturday 5 November 2011

Entelecheia

Someone said we all learn something new every day, but I don't think that's exactly true. However, when we learn something new I think most of the time it's a positive thing. :) Today, I learned something new: Entelecheia. Do you know what it is?
Entelecheia is the potential of a living thing, the actual possibilities that exist within each living being. It may not be the potential that is drawn out - but what could be drawn out. We all have potential and possibility within ourself, and if we don't use it, it's wasted. The word entelecheia was coined by Aristotle, the famous philosopher that lived during that -300. I like the thought of entelecheia, because I think everyone have that potential, the possibility to become something - but not everyone has the same potential - and I think that's a great thing. :)

If you want to read up more about entelecheia, here's a link: Entelecheia (Opens in a new window.)

Good night everyone. <3

No comments: