Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Early summer

It's been quite a while now since I updated this blog, and I'm sorry about that. I've been really busy, so I've been focusing on school and updating my Go blog (here: http://mylifewithgo.blogspot.se/). It's been taking up most of my time, so I haven't been sewing or pretty much anything these last few months. Even the Rainbow Dash plushie is still headless. x.x
On the bright side, I've been working a little now and then on the doll, so it's starting to come along now.


There's not a whole lot left to do now, but lack of time is making progress slow. Her elbows need drilling, she still has no ears and her hands and feet need a haul over. Other than that, it's pretty much just fine tuning. I'm basic her with acrylic paint right now to harden her and make her more durable, before I test to see if she can balance well. I've strung her once and it looked okay, but that was without her feet. I'm especially pleased with how her knees turned out. :) Those joints are really pretty if I may say so myself.

Early summer is already here, and the weather is absolutely gorgeous. Perfect for taking a stroll in the forest, which I did early this morning. I even saw a few deer when I did, so it was definitely worth going out before breakfast! I think it's fascinating how you can see wildlife if you are just early enough. They got scared when I made a sound though and ran off, but still! Beautiful. :)

No comments: